What is a Green Juice and What Are its Benefits?
Green juice is one of the most significant health trends of the last decade, and they are indeed praise-worthy for all the right reasons.
Green juice is made from the juices of green vegetables and fruits rich in healthy fibre, antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, and more.
Other than being a cooling, soothing, and refreshing drink, thanks to all the nutrients stated above, green juice offers a host of health benefits.
What are the Health Benefits of Green Juice?
Green juice is loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants are vital to fight free radicals and protect our bodies from oxidative damage. Antioxidants help us fight against conditions like heart disease and cancer. The anti-inflammatory properties help keep our organs working optimally at all times.
Most of the ingredients in green juice have high levels of nitric oxide, which are essential compounds to prevent cardiovascular health.
Our body’s pH can’t be too acidic nor too alkaline. In either case, our body can go through a wide range of issues, including weak bones, digestion problems, stiff joints, and fatigue. Consuming green juice helps maintain alkalinity.
- Green juice is the perfect remedy to boost energy. And unlike coffee, there’s no late-afternoon crash.
- Green juices contain probiotic properties and digestive enzymes which improve our gut health. They are also known as good bacteria responsible for the growth of good bacteria in our digestive tract.
- No matter how careful we are, our body is constantly exposed to toxins, putting a significant strain on our lives. Most of the vegetables in green juice help in keeping us hydrated and detoxifying our bodies. The hydration and gut-healing benefits are especially good for your skin.
- Green juice is rich in water-soluble vitamin C that helps boost our immune system. The vitamin helps in many metabolic bodily functions, reduces oxidative damage of the cells, heals wounds, reduces stress, and helps in better iron absorption.
- Green juice contains minerals and vitamins in its most bioavailable form. This means that their enzymes are intact, making them easy to absorb.
Flavour spotlight: Green with Envy
Given that natural green juice can taste bitter, our cold-pressed juice recipes add small quantities of fruit (which may or may not be green) — to sweeten it.
In our ‘Green With Envy’ collection, we’ve included lemon, apple, cucumber, parsley, and celery too.
Each ingredient in this juice has its own benefits, and when combined, the result is a potent and delicious health drink.
Let’s have a look at them:
Lemon: Lemon is a natural alkalizer that helps our bodies regulate its pH levels. It is also loaded with vitamin C, which helps with the absorption of iron supplied by the leafy greens.
Apple: Apple not only adds a hint of sweetness, but it has proved to remove toxins from the digestive tract.
Cucumber: Cucumber is a natural diuretic that cleanses and reduces inflammation throughout the body.
Celery: Celery works to detox the body and supports healthy kidney functions.
Parsley: Parsley has natural anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties. This amazing herb will heal our bodies and protect them from infection.
When you want to live a long, healthy, and productive life, add more greens to your diet. The easiest and tastiest way is to do so is with our Cold Pressed Juices.
Perfect for grabbing on the go and a total value for money.
If you're interested in incorporating Nectar Cold Pressed Juice into your diet or offering it at your cafe, restaurant, hotel, airline, franchise, specialty store, or supermarket, please visit our website at www.nectarcoldpressed.com.au to discuss supply options.
Or, if you're interested in contract manufacturing for your own brand or company, please visit our sister company Synergy Food Group at www.synergyfoodgroup.com.au. Together, let's make healthy living more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.